Bryan A. Bentz
Bentz Engineering, LLC
Phone: (860) 536-1477
Fax: (860) 572-1146
My company is Bentz Engineering, which does
research and development in computer software and certain kinds of hardware
(primarily instrumentation). Current projects include:
- The 3D Dynamic DataViewer, which will let you view Microsoft Excel
spreadsheet data in interactive 3D. If you're interested in taking a look at
- Computer Security analysis tools. TS clearance for Department of Defense, Department of Justice, other;
- Oil & gas industry portfolio management software development,
primarily through Columbia University's
Portfolio Management Consortium. This work involves building interactive
financial modeling and data visualization tools.
- Construction of an advanced software development framework for
building large, maintainable systems.
Other areas of activity include or have included:
- Acoustic array design & fabrication for in-air human-voice
- Artificial Intelligence software, particularly in the areas of
knowledge representation and natural language processing;
- Algonquian language research primarily Pequot & Mohegan.
- Real-time expert systems for tracking submarines.
Commercial products I've built or been heavily involved with include:
- VoiceCommands (Lernout & Hauspie), which allows a user to use
continuous speech to control Microsoft Word.
- BBN/Prism, an acoustic modelling tool for structures (such as cars,
airplanes, or submarines).
- BBN/Parlance, a natural language front-end to relational databases.
Feel free to peruse my HTML résumé.
My Personal Web Page has information on a few of my other activities.
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- Version:
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Last update: 09/27/01.